Yesterday, Feb 15th 2023, Utah announced “the largest private economic investment in state history.” – Gov. Cox twitter account.
The largest private investment announcement was done via social media, which confirms that the Utah governor and staff are aware that social media is how people can get their messages, press releases, and more out to the world. This is their code of conduct.
The announcement was Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI), an American technology company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, that designs and manufactures semiconductors and various integrated circuits, which it sells to electronics designers and manufacturers globally will invest $11 billion dollars into Utah.
As stated at the beginning it is the largest private economic investment in Utah’s history. While this may be amazing for Utah, and we hope it will be, it could be very concerning. Some questions to ask below:
- Do they have the potential to be a public private partnership?
- They offer surveillance system chips and products, do they have any contracts in Utah?
- What will their influence be on our legislature and others?
- What are their company policies in regards to vaccines, mandates in general, ESG scores, digital currency?
- What is their relationship with the Utah Inland Port?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- What promises have been made to TI that the taxpayers will bear the burden of?
Even posters on the governor’s twitter had some questions for him. See below:
Will they influence the surveillance state currently happening in Utah? Remember bill HB34
- USA company and made product
- Jobs growth
- Chips for automotive – this is a big need due to the shortage
- Job flexability
- Bringing manufacturing back to the USA
If those all check out it is exciting news for Utah. This will need some further digging but we wanted to make sure you are aware of this big news and possibly large influence to Utah.